I honestly try to fill these posts with information designed to help the small business owner without resorting to overt pitches for YWD. But there have been several situations where it was clear that many people just don't understand what makes Your Web Department truly different from every other website option. So, here it is right here for all to read. A no holds barred 'explanation' of the advantages of our service. No apologies.
This is a special message for small business owners, only.
If your marketing person, your IT person, your consultant or your best friend has recommended anything else besides Your Web Department for your website then you've just been lead down the rabbit hole of despair and unhappiness. But let's say that in a positive way. Your Web Department is the absolute best decision you can make for your next website. Why didn't we just say that? Because then we wouldn't have gotten your attention, and besides it's true. The majority of people come to us because they've had a horrible previous experience. Maybe not descending into despair and unhappiness but pretty close.
If you're a marketing-type sneaking a read of this post then be warned. You now have the responsibility to investigate YWD. You've let the genie out of the bottle and there ain't no way of stuffing this sucker back in, baby. With knowledge comes responsibility and now you have the responsibility to at least check out our outrageous claims. Remember this simple fact. If your employer cannot program and if you've built him/her a website that requires a programmer to even add a rudimentary design update, then you've just hung them out to dry. Yes, we know you are thrilled to have your job, your employer is great and your plan is to be there for a long while but nothing is forever. So, what have you left your employer? Have you left them a system they can't add new features to without expert help? There is an alternative that provides all the design and marketing fulfillment you've been hired to provide and that is our YWD platform.
If you're a business owner you rely on your people to make enough right decisions that your company doesn't go into that rabbit hole of despair and unhappiness. Ideally, you want it to prosper and when it comes to your website you can do better than what you are doing now. Here are some things that SHOULD be important to you. No one else is going to tell you this except us because no one else cares as much as we do. And we really do care.
Do any of these things hold true for you?
- You don't know who manages your domain.
- You don't really know what a domain is.
- You don't know who registered your domain.
- You don't know who's email is attached to the domain for renewal purposes.
- You don't know where your website is-
- Hosted by your webshop?
- In your building?
- In a co-location facility?
- Included as part of your domain service's package?
- In the web programmer's basement?
- You don't really understand the implications of the choices that other people have made on your behalf because that is technical stuff that you chose to leave to those more knowledgeable than yourself.
- And besides, you don't have the time
- Do you have to pay every time a change has to be made to your website?
- Is it built using a content managed system?
- Do you know what a content managed system is?
- There have been times when you needed to make changes to out-of-date, embarrassing information left on the website but the people who built it:
- Are no longer employed at your company
- Are no longer in business
- You don't know where they are
- You don't know who they are
- You've wanted to add a feature based on new Internet standards but you were told the website would have to be totally redeveloped to add it.
- You wanted to add mobile compatibility.
- It wasn't available with your present platform
- There would be a programming charge
- Your site was built in Flash. Flash doesn't work on iPads and smartphones. Why did they recommend Flash?
Every issue described above is an issue of continuity. Your Web Department was designed to address them all. That is why it's unique. You have been cowed into thinking that a website is a technical challenge. It is not. It is a business continuity challenge. Our business model is designed to keep up with the changes to the Internet and update our service on a regular basis so you don't have to. Most updates are part of the monthly licensing fee so there is no added programming costs.
Your Web Department is the only service that offers business owner's website continuity. We offer piece of mind to you the business owner. We do only one thing and that is to maintain your accessibility to YOUR website. No matter who fiddles with it. No matter who updates it, redesigns it YOU will always be able to access it, change it, update it and all without having to know a stitch of code. And if that little bit of access is intimidating or you just don't have the time to do it, then we are a mouse click away.
It seems that there is only one way to create a websiste, ie: hire a designer, hire a programmer, build site, launch. That was the same process you used to build the site you have now that YOU HATE? If 80% of the websites out there are crap then why are you doing the same thing all over again? Are you hoping because you have a different designer and programmer that things will be different? Perhaps, but perhaps it's the tools they are using that are broken. Einstein said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Open your mind to Your Web Department. It will be enlightening.
Book a webinar at yourwebdepartment.com/webinar and we'll prove to you why we are the only website service designed with the small business owner in mind.